Seel & Co

Gas boiler and flue safety

Every year people are injured or die due to inadequate installation, servicing or ventilation of gas appliances due to the release of carbon monoxide which is a highly dangerous and odourless gas which can cause sickness, loss of consciousness or death.

This is rectified however by ensuring that your gas appliances, including your gas boiler and gas flue, are serviced on an annual basis by a qualified and competent gas engineer. For all properties that are rented out a gas safety certificate is required annually.

Some buildings may contain a communal flue which should also be assessed on an annual basis – this is likely to be the responsibility of the Freeholder or Management Company so you should check before servicing the flue.